Our client, a high-end global manufacturer of wood products has retained our services to source an Account Manager. Their success comes from the pursuit of excellence in all areas of their business through teamwork, innovation and creativity. They are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce.
Reporting to the Director of North American Sales, the Account Manager works in a team environment with the principal objective of maximizing sales returns and mill margins in accordance with the strategic financial and sales goals. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and customer focus.
- Develop relationships and understand needs with an established North American customer base.
- Field incoming inquiries regarding availability and pricing of OSB.
- Collaborate with mill staff and logistics to forward sell production.
- Keep current on market conditions, by interacting with customers, regional marketing managers and staff.
- Attend customer meetings and trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post secondary education.
- A track record of performance in a similar field or related industry is a plus with a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience.
- Ability to travel into both US and Canadian markets.
- Analytical skills and the ability to strategize, plan, execute and report.
- A self-motivated team player with a sense of urgency and flexibility to work until the job is complete.
- Ability to work in an open environment and to collaborate effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Detail and results orientated.
- A high degree of honesty and integrity in all situations.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.