Our client offers a comprehensive suite of education services designed to help Canadian universities launch and grow online and hybrid programs with less risk, reach profitability faster and enhance student outcomes. They are passionate about enabling the learners of the world to achieve their educational goals by providing them with an exceptional online learning experience.
The Business Development Director’s focus is the acquisition of programs at higher education institution partners across Canada. You will be responsible for the strategy, planning, selling, negotiation and contract execution of the new degree programs at these schools.
The Business Development Executive facilitates dialogues and discussions with Deans and Provosts, Presidents, central administration, faculty and staff in all schools to maximize a mutually beneficial partnership in which both organizations realize their objectives. This position will establish new program partnerships, and work very closely with the Managing Director of each institution.
- Develop and drive key objectives and alignment between potential partners and company
- Negotiate business terms to establish mutually beneficial partner agreements.
- Work with internal partners to help support brand messaging through events (conferences, sponsorships), any other joint marketing activities.
- Manage partner relationship throughout the lifecycle of identification/discovery, enablement, support, go-to-market, and reference.
- Communicate and make formal presentations to college and corporate administrators.
- Call on new clients to conduct a needs analysis, and explain features of services, costs, and advantages.
- Work with other staff that support the sales process; organize, and lead the development of proposal strategies that focus on financial positioning, product offerings, and value in the higher education marketplace
- Using a Solution Selling sales approach, work with prospective and existing clients to determine needs and develop the appropriate sales strategy to secure new programs
- Keep Sales CRM data current; and provide summary of strategy calls and onsite visits, identify deliverables and establish timeframes for contract execution.
- Manage the Proposal process by coordinating with appropriate areas of the organization to ensure timeliness and quality of Master Agreement and Term Sheet consistent with company Business Development Strategic Objectives and Profitability Analysis.
- Close 2 to 4 or more degree programs at target institutions annually.
- Work closely with the EVP and all Managing Director’s to build the marketing plan, including how to target and close specific programs in specific schools.
- Build marketing plan, outreach, etc., to support above strategy.
- Must have experience selling in to the Higher Education Industry(Universities and Colleges) at the senior level( Deans, Provosts, Presidents, Heads of Departments and Faculties, Administration Leaders etc.)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years experience with successful and demonstrable track record in business development.
- Develop solicitation strategies; write effective proposals; and communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements to support partner objectives.
- Results-oriented professional with strong work ethic. Demonstrated success working independently, working on many activities concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree and doctorate preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communication skills essential.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.