Our Client a global leader in end-to-end automotive & asset finance software with clients within the retail, fleet and wholesale industries has engaged our services to source a highly proficient DevOps – Software Deployment Specialist.
- Assisting teams in setting up development and test environments which includes installation of J2EE application server (e.g. JBoss), installation of databases, setting database replication, installation and setting up web servers (e.g. IIS or Apache) etc
- Assisting teams in deploying applications to various test and/or production environments, which includes deployment of Java web applications, applying database changes, changing application configuration etc;
- Maintain and Administer Application Servers & Web Servers and Database servers;
- Maintain close communication with project team to confirm details, timeframes and expectations;
- Troubleshoot and reconfigure post-deployment issues;
- Developing and Maintaining Release Notes and Release Management.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years (minimum) embedded and/or application software development experience (must have knowledge in Maven build process, Java programming language (JDK 6 and onward), various Windows operating systems including the ability to create and/or modify existing Windows command scripts, setting up task scheduler etc
- 5+ years (minimum) DevOps experience handling Build, Release and Deployment
- 5+ years’ experience with Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application deployments
- 5+ years proficient in Software Configuration and Release Management
- Knowledge of SDLC, QA Methodology, bug tracking tools and virtualization.
- Strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with detail as well as with general assignments.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- A professional, results oriented individual with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Methodologies, Agile Software Development or equivalent.
- Must have a willingness to learn new technologies in a constantly evolving IT environment Must be available to work flexible hours (may need to assist production releases outside core business hours which happen at night time)
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.