Our client a progressive manufacturer has engaged PSG to source a Director, Human Resources. This role will leverage internal growth and would be a fabulous opportunity for a dynamic HR Professional who is motivated by change management, creating and steering the HR team to a whole new direction.
- You will provide both a strategic and hands on approach to senior management in the areas of employee relations, labor relations, talent acquisition, total rewards, payroll, health & safety, policy and procedural development, succession planning, training & development
- Create and implement an employee engagement strategy that promotes a positive and engaging culture that places an emphasis on outstanding customer service, quality, technical expertise, team work and high performance
- Build relationships with management to understand their business requirements and align HR programs accordingly
- Promote consistency of HR policies/practices in the organization and ensure that all necessary and appropriate HR policies are in place and are compliant with all local state/provincial and federal legislation
- Oversee talent acquisition including working closely with managers to define their resource requirements and managing the hiring plan; ensure all job descriptions are accurate and up-to-date
- Direct and participate in the administration of all compensation plans; job specifications and salary ranges for positions
- Direct administration of employee benefit plans and programs; make recommendations on the design and administration of plans in order to ensure consistency, effectiveness and relevance to business needs and external market
- Design and implement an effective performance management process and cycle to support the business objectives of the organization
- Identify and implement development programs and training initiatives
- 8 years of solid HR experience in the areas of implementing and managing HR functions such as planning, policies and procedures, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, performance management, professional development and training
- A change agent with a high degree of integrity and sense of professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- University degree or college diploma with Human Resources focus. CHRP designation preferred.
- Experience/knowledge in Labour relations and applicable human resource-related statutes and regulations, in both Canada and the United States
Our ideal candidate will be a savvy senior HR leader skilled in creating and instilling an energetic, professionally managed, team oriented, high performance culture throughout the organization. A professional, experienced at building a sustainable competitive advantage through the selection and development of top tier talent.
We appreciate and thank all interested candidates, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.