Our client is a market leader and full service provider of commodity and specialty products serving businesses in the industrial sector. They are also one of the largest independent distributors in Canada, and the 10th largest distributor in North America. Their culture is appealing, which is proven by their long-standing employees and mutual respect for each other!
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership to support the short and long-term plans of the company through effective HR policies, procedures and practices. Shapes strategy and policy and influences the direction of people management as a seasoned expert in a field of knowledge and nurturing a work environment that attracts and retains employees, and provides them with development opportunities. The Director does have a seat at the table and helps shape culture and business success!
- Manage all HR programs, such as compensation, employee health benefits, succession planning, payroll administration, pension administration and communication, job evaluation, recruitment, orientation, performance management, terminations, service recognition, disability management and other recommended programs, ensuring internal equity and competitiveness.
- Develop, maintain, review and analyze HR policies, procedures and guidelines to assist managers and supervisors in the exercising of their management functions, and respond to employee needs.
- Anticipate and identify emerging issues, trends and problems that affect the policies and programs.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements, whether federal or provincial, with a focus on employment law.
- Direct the activities, priorities and development of direct staff.
- Research any new developments within the Human Resource field and implement changes where needed.
- Provide advice to supervisors and managers regarding employee performance levels, discipline, and termination and organization changes.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all HR-related data and employee records, complying with their required retention and disposal.
- Provide direction to employees, including supervisors, managers and Executives, on HR-related issues as needed.
- Contribute to leadership development in the organization, particularly at senior levels.
- Drives corporate culture that benefits performance and ensures a high level of ethical operation.
- Investigate and provide resolutions for employee relations problems.
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- Act as Privacy Officer as well as the Chair of the HR Committee.
- Degree in a relevant discipline, such as education, business or human resources.
- CHRP or CHRL designation.
- 10+ years of thorough knowledge of most functional areas of HR Management.
- Management experience, of both direct and indirect reports, essential.
- Broad understanding of business management issues and concepts.
- Experience managing compensation programs including pension administration
- Pension experience as member of a PC, in administration for both DB and DC plans.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and team building skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.