Our client a Canadian public company and leader in their industry has engaged our services to source a results driven Director of Finance. In this role you will be navigating through sophisticated accounting policies with long standing senior management to provide financial leadership and oversee all financial planning initiatives.
Reporting to the CFO, this position focuses on providing leadership to the accounting and finance team along with providing accurate GAAP-compliant financial reports, analyses and information to senior management, the Audit Committee of the Board and external stakeholders. The position will also ensure that the Company is in compliance with all rules and regulations applicable to public companies.
- Oversees Accounting, Financial Analysis and Accounts Payable departments
- Provides guidance to staff to ensure a high level of motivation and productivity and delegates and mentors staff and create a positive working environment
- Prepares or reviews all internal and external financial reports to ensures external reports are filed on a timely basis and are compliant with GAAP
- Presents quarterly and annual results and other information to the Audit Committee of the Board
- Analyzes and implements new accounting standards and securities rules and regulations
- Coordinates and directs income tax preparation, review and planning
- Ensures disclosure controls and procedures and internal controls over financial reporting
- Directs and oversees the preparation of the annual and five year plans
- Prepares or reviews business analyses of proposed capital expenditures
- Performs financial analysis and due diligence reviews on potential acquisitions and divestitures and makes recommendations to senior management
- Monitors cash flows and participates in bank and equity financing
- Liaises with bankers, lawyers and auditors, with responsibility for audit planning and control, audit fees and other matters
- Assists senior management in developing optimal strategies and decisions.
- CA designation
- 8 years accounting and finance experience within a complex and diverse. accounting environment, including 4 years in a senior role, with knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Previous experience in a similar role and exposure to a public company
- Excellent team leadership, relationship management, analytical and project management skills
- Record of continuous quality improvement
- Deadline-driven, creative, proactive, self-starting, inquisitive, intuitive and strategic in outlook
- Demonstrated business acumen
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.