Our client a leader within the professional services industry is focused on building and spearheading new business initiatives, long-term relationships and strategic alliances. This pivotal role will be accountable and instrumental in leveraging current as well as future growth plans.
Their current successes are reflective of long term client relationships within a required and sought after service. They desire a leader in Marketing & Communications who will be a strong contributor to the over all evolution of their brand and digital foot print. Their employees boost a committed mind-set; accomplished, passionate, driven, proud, collaborative and smart. They foster a culture of strong values making them a workplace of choice.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic marketing plan to drive change and leverage brand awareness. Lead a team in the creative development and end-to-end execution of integrated mass marketing campaigns and customer communications across all media working collaboratively with internal and external marketing partners. The incumbent will develop processes, policies & tools and integrate strategy-focused concepts and principles that can be used on an ongoing basis to execute, manage change and realize results from the overall business line strategy.
- Strategically work with business units to lead, develop and implement marketing plans
- Drive key metrics contributing to overall brand value and awareness
- Develop and market the Company brand and value proposition for clients
- Oversees development of marketing strategy and materials to increase membership and registration through social media and traditional channels, ensuring consistency of message and branding
- Develops internal and external corporate communications.
- Plan and operate the marketing budget, that includes financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research & development and return-on-investment and P&L projections
- In collaboration with senior management, ensure divisional and corporate objectives, service quality and productivity are achieved
- Provide professional management and development of staff including establishing and monitoring performance objectives, development plans and performance reviews
- Implement process for early communication of emerging issues
- Coach and mentor your team to meet their potential and the goals of our client as a premier service provider
- MBA/BA in Marketing or related discipline with 8 – 10 years of experience working in the investment/financial services/consulting type industries in a leadership role with extensive experience in all aspects of brand development and in developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Proven ability to initiate, implement all marketing, advertising and promotional initiatives
- Proven experience in conducting market research and leveraging insights in product development and marketing strategy
- Expertise working with digital/social media programs with past measurements of success
- Superior leadership skills as you will need to influence, coach and mentor a team
- Exceptional communications and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail – must be able to extract pertinent information from statistical data and interpret the impact on procedures and staffing levels
- Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers
- Budgets/Cost Control - Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning
- Broad Perspective – Has a broad view and is comfortable and effective working with global partners, understands global markets and international considerations
- Organizational Savvy – Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization
- Decision Making/Judgment – Identifies issues and opportunities, systematically gathers information data and facts, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues and opportunities, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others
- Results Focus - Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation
- Vision and Values – Supports values in daily actions and decisions, communicates vision and values to others, generates enthusiasm, incorporates vision when planning
- Leadership - Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills
- Teamwork – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.