Our client, one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses, with double digit growth year after year and future forecasts remaining the same has engaged our services to source an experienced and progressive Director, Talent Management. This is a unique opportunity for a savvy Talent Leader, who will provide strategic vision and leadership to support the existing and future growth through M&A and organic influences.
Reporting to VP HR, the Director, Talent Management will develop best-practices and industry leading attraction, retention and organizational design programs. You will be responsible for managing the entire recruitment function, from tactical actions to strategic initiatives, across the entire organization. The future priorities associated with this role will include strategic organizational design initiatives, including succession planning and high-potential identification and program development.
- Build, lead and maintain the national recruitment strategy, focused on attraction and retention and executing via positive and collaborative leadership with both direct and indirect reports
- Provide coaching and mentorship to business leaders on strategic workforce planning, sourcing and selection criteria
- Leverage your experience building and evolving a formal talent brand, targeting our critical talent segments
- Review and standardize national recruitment materials, formats, processes and guidelines
- Develop, market and maintain key national recruitment metrics- locally, regionally & nationally
- Develop Employee Value Proposition after visiting our numerous locations across Canada and the USA
- Enhance and standardize a positive new hire experience
- Update and/or launch recruitment presence on Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook
- Partner with select post-secondary educational institutes, developing comprehensive recruiting, co-op and internship relationships
- Coordinate and participate in appropriate national and regional career fairs
- Identify and pursue approval for provincial and national government grants and subsidies
- Assume a leading role in the implementation of the Human Resources Information System
- Develop and implement a robust and objective succession planning process and program
- Build and lead the internal high-potential program, identifying and then supporting in the career development and growth of key employees
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished Talent Leader with a minimum of 10 years of senior talent management experience working in a fast-growing business. Industry experience in manufacturing, logistics, distribution/warehousing or transportation would be ideal.
- The successful candidate will have a Degree, coupled with a Professional HR designation.
- Deep background in HRIS/ATS system introduction and integration – both at a strategic and tactical level coupled with strong recruitment documentation, process development and implementation background for in a diversified and geographically-dispersed organization
- Demonstrated understanding of field-based operational culture related to recruitment, including the ability to understand and adapt preconceived notions to best meet operational needs
- A strong communicator with strong influencing skills, with the ability to work with people at all levels with ease.
- An excellent listener, facilitator, the ideal candidate is open, honest, articulate.
- Able to work both independently and with minimal direction, combined with the capacity to work well within a team.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.