Our client, a leader within the aviation industry who delivers innovative services and a world-class experience for their customers has retained our services to source a Facilities Maintenance Manager with excellent leadership skills and technical aptitude to oversee the smooth running of mechanical & electrical systems within their facilities. Our client fosters a vibrant environment promoting employee engagement, innovation and provides a highly competitive total rewards package. Their employees are passionate about their work and are committed to teamwork, integrity and service excellence.
This position has been created to leverage internal growth and is responsible for providing Strategic Leadership and Electrical & Mechanical Engineering support to the key asset systems that include Life Safety Systems, Terminal Property, Electrical Systems, Plumbing Systems, HVAC Systems, Baggage Systems & Mechanical Systems.
- Strategically lead and manage the maintenance team for response to system outages and non-intrusive preventative maintenance tasks within the company, within budget and aligned to the system work plan
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to develop a team which will support and emulate the values of the corporation
- Develop expectations of performance and standards of excellence, audit work performance, ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Provide insight and participate as required in negotiations, grievances and arbitration
- Resolve complex technical problems that may arise in relation to outages
- Review financial and other supporting KPI data to measure performance of the Response activities. Identify work program improvements and implement changes as required to achieve performance targets
- Support design and construction projects intended to expand and/or restore systems
- In conjunction with the Operational Performance Manager, negotiate with suppliers and contractors to create optimal service level agreements
- Degree in a Mechanical/Electrical field with a minimum 4-5 years of leadership and management experience in facilities maintenance management within a unionized environment
- Working towards a professional designation in Facilities Management (BOMI, IFMA, PEMAC designation) is preferred
- Excellent direct people management skills in a multi-disciplinary, customer centric environment
- Strong experience in Mechanical Engineering including plumbing, HVAC, controls, and base build building systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills in a unionized environment.
- Must have demonstrated functional and working knowledge of CMMS/EAM
- Ability to develop & manage & influence key relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organizations as well as with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer centric environment
- Must be prepared to work rotating shifts
- Must be able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.