Our client, a successful real estate brokerage firm with multiple branches in the Mississauga area, is looking for a Finance Manager to provide a full range of accounting functions as well as provide management decision-making as it relates to internal staff members and administrative systems.
Reporting to the Owner/Broker you will be responsible for a full range of general accounting functions including account reconciliations, general ledger, bank reconciliation, records management, financial statements, budgets and forecasts.
- Develop financial system policies & procedures
- Manage cash requirements and monitor budgets
- Prepare financial reports, correspondence, presentations and offer recommendations/actions, analyze data
- Auditing financial system; Liase with company auditor regarding year end statements, balancing and reconciliations
- Reconciliation of general bank account, commission trust account and statutory trust account
- Reconciliation of general ledger and sub-ledger account
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations
- Coach, recruit and train employees including performance reviews
- Communicate effectively, in a positive, helpful manner with colleagues, management, realty organizations, community agencies and members of the public
- Manage both electronic and hard copy records, ensuring confidentiality of sensitive materials
- University Degree in finance or accounting; or equivalent certification courses (CGA/CMA level 4 or higher)
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience in finance, legal, real estate
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Very good interpersonal relationship and leadership skills; ability to coach, train, mentor and performance manage staff
- Excellent time management and documentation skills; ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines, projects, interruptions and changing priorities; ability to detect potential issues and proactively address them; ability to work in fast paced and diverse working environment.
- Must have experience in Residential Real Estate Accounting or Lone Wolf software.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.