Our client a prominent National leader in logistics services have engaged our services to source a results-oriented & motivated National HR Labour Relations Manager with the right approach to bridging relationships within a unionized environment. Your forward thinking, collaborative approach and ability to lead change will allow you to succeed in this role.
Our client fosters a vibrant environment promoting employee engagement, offering a culture that is committed to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
Reporting to the Director HR, this role is part of a cross-functional team. You will act as a trusted advisor for business groups across all aspects of Human Resources including Labour and Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Change Management, Operational Planning, Compensation/Benefits, WSIB Management and workplace accommodations. You will provide business and people advice to advance the organization’s strategy at all levels to achieve the organization’s goals.
- You will provide both a strategic and hands on approach to senior management in the areas of Labour & Employee Relations policy and procedural development and succession planning.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends
- Interprets and administers collective bargaining agreement, manages grievance investigations, meetings
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel
- Transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Degree coupled with 5-7 years solid HR/Labour Relations experience in a unionized manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience as a participant at the table with collective bargaining an asset
- A person who knows how to swim well through a “change management” culture with the ability to make decisions and “get it done”
- The ability to influence your client group with credibility and knowledge
- Superior oral and written communication, combined with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using MS Office applications
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.