Our client a dynamic and growing organization has engaged our services to source a passionate and motivated Bilingual HR Manager to join their Montreal office. They are a leading logistics services provider offering a culture that is commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
Based in Montreal, the HR Manager will act as a strategic partner providing coaching and support to leaders across multiple facilities in Quebec and Atlantic Canada advising on employee and labour relations, talent acquisition, performance management, and other HR matters. Working closely with the Warehouse and Transportation Management Teams, the HR Manager provides overall direction and oversight on human resources activities, planning, decision-making, continuous improvement, policy compliance, leadership and employee engagement. This is an opportunity for an innovative, collaborative, and business partner focused individual to make a significant contribution to the company’s continued evolution.
- Partners with leaders to coach, and provide guidance on core human resource programs including: employee engagement, labour relations, performance development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, disability management and talent acquisition.
- Provides day to day HR operational services to operational facilities. While based in Montreal, travel to locations in Atlantic Canada will be required.
- Partners with and coaches managers and employees on the performance management, including performance improvement plans and/or employee relations issues.
- Models corporate values and leadership competencies.
- Promotes a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority
- Engages with the organization as a proactive strategic business partner.
- Facilitates Human Resources training programs for employees and management.
- Advises management on and ensures compliance with federal, provincial and local laws and regulations governing the employer/ employee relationship, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Manages activities for field employment-related complaints and audits, both internal and external. Develops recommendations to minimize risk and address identified needs. Conducts investigations as needed. Is responsive to employees, manager and senior leader issues and is available for consultation ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests.
- Responsible for administration, application and interpretation of multiple collective agreements. Researches and responds to grievances following a thorough investigation of the issue(s).
- Supports talent acquisition and onboarding activities for positions at the Supervisory level and below at the facilities, in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Works in partnership with the Director, Human Resources and the HR Shared Services Team on developing, implementing and continuously improving human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Works effectively as part of a National Human Resources team. Champions and/or participates in key strategic projects in support of the company vision, mission, strategy and culture and in support of the overall company transformation.
- Helps maintain key Human Resources metrics and supports the team in achieving targets.
- Models effective communication, leadership and partnership with the facilities.
- Continuously grows and develops operational knowledge and leadership capabilities by participating in professional development opportunities. Keeps informed of new and emerging trends in Human Resources by reviewing the latest industry literature (books, trade journals, online articles).
- 5-7 years of progressive Human Resources experience that includes managing in a unionized and non-unionized environment.
- Bilingual French/English a must.
- Labour relations and union experience.
- Post-secondary completion in Human Resources or other related field of study.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate in both French and English a must.
- Labour relations union.
- Experience in the effective administration of a collective bargaining agreement and managing grievances; participating at the bargaining table would be an asset.
- A track record of success as a collaborative and motivated leader who has supported Human Resources activities within a complex, multi-site environment.
- Leads by example and provides consistent coaching and mentorship.
- Superior organizational, mediation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; detail oriented.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills including knowing when to escalate.
- Ability to partner with, influence, and successfully coach and counsel at various levels of the organization.
- Results driven with strong business acumen. Has the ability to evaluate operation and financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to effectively work in situations involving significant change, and manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of human resource legal requirements trends and practices.
- Knowledge of change management principles an asset.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.