Our Client within professional services has retained our service to source an INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in Instructional Design, Project Management & Adult Education within professional services. Your mandate will be the design and the development of high-quality course material as well as cross-functionally coordinating the delivery of these products to students and industry stakeholders.
- Designs and develops new courses, including needs assessment; curriculum (working with subject matter experts); instructional strategies; assessments and evaluation tools
- Ensures that courses are of high quality by applying best practices in instructional design
- Develops courses for in-class and online delivery, working with Learning Technologies staff
- Works with editors and other staff, to develop courseware, textbooks, student resource guides and other materials, to support course design
- Works with the academic programs team to develop and implement content management strategies
- Works with Learning Technologies to build online courses
- Develops resources and tools to support instructors delivering in-class and online courses
- Assists with development and delivery of professional development programs for instructors Working with Subject Matter Experts and Contractors on course/program development projects
- Manages relationships with external consultants and vendors
- Degree coupled with a Certificate in Adult Education/Training
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in instructional design, within an academic or corporate environment, with knowledge of editorial and publishing standards and practices
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in training and adult learning concepts
- Good research and analytical skills in addition to knowledge of quality assurance concepts
- Excellent time management skills – ability to work to deadlines in an unsupervised environment
- Ability to develop processes and utilize technology to increase efficiencies
- Have worked with content management systems, learning management systems, articulate suite of applications, eLearning authoring tools and mobile
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.