Our client, a leader within their industry who delivers innovative services and dedicated to service excellence for their customers has retained our services to source an HR Business Partner. With a focus on their employee engagement, they are looking for a results-oriented and a service focused Labour Relations & Employee Relations Business Partner with extensive experience in a unionized environment. Your forward thinking approach and ability to lead change will allow you to succeed in this role.
Reporting to the Manager, People and Culture, this position is part of a cross-function team. You will act as a trusted advisor for business groups across all aspects of Human Resources including Labour and Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, Operational Planning, Compensation/Benefits, WSIB Management and workplace accommodations. You will provide business and people advice to advance the organization’s strategy at all levels to achieve the organization’s goals.
- You will provide both a strategic and hands on approach to senior management in the areas of LABOUR AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, policy and procedural development and succession planning.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends
- Interprets and administers collective bargaining agreement, manages grievance investigations, meetings
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel
- Transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- University degree & CHRL designation coupled with 5-7 years solid HR/Labour Relations experience in a unionized industrial/manufacturing environment.
- A person who knows how to swim well through a “change management” culture with the ability to make decisions and “get it done”
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to relate to a wide variety of people with different agendas and needs
- Understanding of organizational strategy and priorities and how they translate into talent acquisition and diversity priorities
- Experience building external partnerships and outreach initiatives with external community and network groups
- Experience partnering closely with other departments and stakeholders (e.g., Stakeholder Relations and Communications, Legal, union representatives) to develop and implement policies, procedures and programs
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and align resources to ensure that deadlines and priorities are met
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective relationships at all levels in the organization
- Senior level presentation skills, along with strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to create and develop strategic PowerPoint presentations
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.