Our client, a successful growing Canadian company in the food manufacturing industry, has retained our services to source a strategic, collaborative Lean Manufacturing Specialist. Our client believes that the company’s growth and development are reflective of their dynamic and enterprising employees. They foster a culture of values that make them a workplace of choice.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role will use continuous improvement methodologies to identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives and systems across all departments and with leadership. The specialist will communicate with senior management and leadership teams to support comprehensive decision-making.
- Develop and own local continuous improvement programs and site master plan for implementation.
- Develop communication strategies around change management.
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine areas where improvement is most needed, and determine the priorities and methodologies for improvement
- Perform and train associates and leaders in an effective Root Cause Analyses process.
- Design, execute and analyze statistically sound experiments.
- Create, lead and facilitate improvement activities and events as necessary.
- Assist in developing, documenting and cataloguing standard work and work instructions.
- Assist in the development of job specific training requirements and validation activities.
- Support improvement in existing processes including eliminating variation and non-value-added work.
- Train/coach/mentor other employees on the principles of Continuous Improvement.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or business.
- 5-10 years of experience within automotive, pharma, or food processing, including minimum of 3 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement.
- Formal training in Lean, Six Sigma, or TPM methodologies.
- Strong technical and analytical skill set, including ability to identify and manage data, execute quality control, build Excel models and draw correct business insights and implications (Statistical analysis).
- Working knowledge of operations management, finance, and business knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and lead diverse groups and leaders in project work and change management.
- Proven ability to organize and manage projects with positive results.
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving experience skill set.
- Sound experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Minitab as well as continuous improvement tools.
- Both independent and highly collaborative.
- Adaptable to work environment as role requires travel periodically.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.