Our client, a high-end global manufacturer of wood products has retained our services to source a Logistics Specialist. Their success comes from the pursuit of excellence in all areas of their business through teamwork, innovation and creativity. They are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Specialist works in a team environment with the principal objective of creating and maintaining an efficient Logistics Service to the Client portfolio through partnerships with Rail and Road Carriers across North America. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and customer focus.
- Establish and build relationships with Rail and Road shipping vendors
- Negotiate preferred pricing agreements
- Coordinate and schedule truck and rail traffic
- Maintain and update transportation rates in the system
- Provide Truck Proofs of Delivery for Sales
- Monitor truck carrier safety standards and insurance records
- Ability to problem solve and resolve trucking and rail issues
- Process freight payable discrepancies
- Monitor in-bound shipments to warehouses
- Inventory reconciliation of finished goods
Candidate – Experience and Competencies:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Some office experience is an asset
- Inventory management and shipping experience required
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Candidate must be proactive and able to work under little supervision in a fast paced, open-concept environment
- Positive professional disposition, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a superior customer service mindset
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.