Our client a manufacturing & solutions provider within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry with multiple facilities across Canada & USA has retained our services to source an experienced & professional Maintenance Manager to strategically lead and develop the Maintenance Initiatives and Reliability Program, to ensure product specifications and consistencies are adhered to the highest standards. This individual will be a successful & passionate leader, who is capable of inspiring and engaging staff at all levels.
As a Maintenance Manager you will have overall leadership responsibilities for maintenance & reliability operations to ensure the continuous and safe operation of equipment and facilities. The successful candidate will be a “hands on” people manager who can lead and engage the team to achieve plant expectations and use communication to transform plant culture toward one of continuous improvement and total customer focus.
- Lead overall Maintenance and Reliability improvement efforts for the Plant as well as overall responsibility for managing Maintenance and Reliability team.
- Provide continuous and safe operation of equipment with minimum downtime while maintaining compliance with all government regulations.
- Manage daily operation of the maintenance and reliability team which includes, modifications to existing equipment and lines; installation of new equipment or machinery; maintenance of machinery, identify and prioritize cost reduction projects and housekeeping of building and grounds.
- Maintain regular contact with Senior Management, production supervisors, planners and mechanical/electrical lead hands and attend daily production & planning meetings.
- Support capital expenditure planning and execution.
- Conduct process analysis and process mapping activities
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individuals and facility standards
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations
- Mechanical Engineering Degree coupled with 5-7 years of management work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Proven Leadership skills in developing strategies to attain performance objectives. Coach and Lead team members to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Experience planning, managing/implementing & executing a Reliability Program and using tools such as Pareto analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) preferred.
- Proven experience with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts, 5S, TPM and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.