Our client a leading manufacturer & solutions provider within the consumer packaged goods industry with multiple facilities across Canada & USA has retained our services to source an experienced Maintenance Planner. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for all maintenance planning and scheduling activities throughout the plant creating an environment that promotes communication and team work.
- Initial screening and analysis of all Work Orders.
- Identify job requirements and set job priorities with production and maintenance teams.
- Attend semi-weekly Maintenance Scheduling Meetings.
- Ensure that JDE is maintained and up-to-date.
- Regular review of Safety Work Order backlog with appropriate action taken.
- Plan jobs with the appropriate level of detail so that trades can perform work. (Parts, Tools, procedures, drawings, resources, kits, etc.)
- Update Bill of Materials from gathered information.
- Provides coaching and feedback to tradespeople and follow-up.
- Schedule work for available tradespeople ensuring that they are fully employed and not over-scheduled. Ensure that production schedule and P.M. schedule is considered.
- Publish weekly maintenance schedule.
- Monitor Maintenance Scheduling KPI’s and take appropriate action, when necessary.
- Work closely with Maintenance Leadhand to assign planned work per the schedule and Production Supervisors to understand their needs and requirements.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the work order backlog in JDE.
- Troubleshoot machinery problems and issues.
- Assist in the training and development of all tradespeople.
- Ensure that good manufacturing practices are employed by all members of the department.
- Ensure that all relevant safety procedures and practices are understood by the department, and contractors, and are adhered to.
- Monitors all machine efficiencies, job performance, clean ups, and PM’s.
- Inspects work and performs quality checks on jobs assigned for work orders in process to assure compliance
- Responsible for maintaining the highest productivity and quality levels, and that service is maintained above the industry standards, while keeping costs down in Maintenance
- Ensures that good housekeeping is maintained to GMP and HACCP standards and policies.
- Ensures that company rules and regulations, and the union contract, are respected.
- Explains and enforces company policies and procedure to subordinates
- Ensures training for Contractor Safety
- Adhere to Company Safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be very visible on the floor and willing to provide hands-on technical support as required.
- Qualified Engineer, Electrician or Millwright.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret machinery manuals and drawings.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as AutoCAD.
- Working Knowledge of JDE CMMS program.
- Sound knowledge of plant equipment, machinery suppliers, OEM’s, contractors, etc.
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis Programs to understand failures and implement preventative measures.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.