Our client, a leader and well-recognized manufacturer within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry is looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor to provide leadership, coaching and guidance for the technical personnel involved in maintenance at their Mississauga facility ensuring high standards of safety, housekeeping, quality, internal service, efficiency and cost control are in-line with corporate objectives.
This is a newly created position due to company growth and our client has succession planning ideas for high potentials down the road!
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program within the facility in compliance with all pertinent Corporate and Government regulatory guidelines and corporate Policies, Standards, Procedures and Practices.
- Provide replacement/repair/fabrication of any type of mechanical and/or electrical equipment, providing practical and economical services to increase productivity consistent with corporate objectives.
- Ensure that staff receives necessary and relevant training to competently perform their duties.
- Develop and implement safety awareness for staff using safety meetings in line with corporate policy.
- Develop procedures ensuring all corporate health and safety policies, purchasing policies and government regulations are followed when maintenance services are provided by staff or outside contractors.
- Schedule maintenance services for equipment.
- Establish, audit and periodically update operating procedures in compliance with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Monitor, validate and control expenditures to ensure results are in line with targets and budget plans.
- Interface effectively with other company departments to achieve corporate goals.
- Regularly inspect all property and facilities to ensure proper maintenance, safety and security and perform all specified quality inspections.
- Responsible for personnel development and training and assist in hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures and terminations.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering coupled with 2-5 years of supervisory work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a CPG environment.
- Proven experience with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts, 5S, TPM and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong employee relations, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick effective decisions.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, hands on environment.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.