Our client is a non-profit association whose members empower their Independent Sales Contractors to become leaders of their own businesses and control their economic destinies. In Canada alone, their industry is close to 1.2 million people strong, and growing. They foster a culture of values, that makes them a workplace of choice. Their people are entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, passionate, driven and accomplished. They have engaged PSG to source a Communications & Research Specialist to take control of their communications program and create significant value for the organization and its members.
Reporting to the President, this position’s primary responsibility is to effectively develop and convey the organization’s internal and external messages to members and other stakeholders. This role will focus on positively influencing the image and effectiveness of the Association and industry.
- Develop content for newsletters, press releases and other communication channels.
- Manage the Associations digital media presence, including website and all social media platforms.
- Research and create presentations, reports and fact sheets for staff and member use.
- Develop and produce high-quality and informative submissions and communications materials for media, government and other audiences.
- Execute or commission research projects to support communication effectiveness.
- Identify and advance media, public relations and advertising opportunities.
- Ensure all messaging and branding aligns with Association strategy.
- Thoroughly edit and review all materials for consistency, accuracy, and clarity.
- Work with President to coordinate strategies, budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules.
- Effectively work with member committees to further the Association’s communications strategy.
- Assist in the planning and promotion of events and meetings.
- Assist in developing member recruitment and retention strategies.
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical and proven experience in communications, PR or related fields.
- Experience with effectively and creatively utilizing digital and social media platforms to communicate with multiple audiences.
- Ability to manage all stages of operationalizing a communications strategy.
- Proven research and report development skills.
- Strong design and content creation skills.
- Excellent media relations proficiency.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively within constrained budgets.
- Experience working with an association is desirable.
- French language skills are an advantage.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.