Our client, a leader within the aviation industry who delivers innovative services and a world-class experience for their customers has retained our services to source a Manager, Capital Restoration /Redevelopment. Reporting to the Associate Director, Infrastructure Redevelopment you will manage the delivery of assigned construction projects within schedule and budget. As a member of the management team you will support the development of capital plan and short and long-term business strategy.
- Deliver assigned projects on time and within established Budgets
- Ensure compliance with established project management and safe work processes
- Project delivery: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closeout of assigned projects
- Maintain strong communication and direct accountability to client groups and broader stakeholders. This shall include the close coordination to minimize disruption to daily operations and maintain a high level of passenger experience
- Initiate background studies, reports and design for long term major programs/projects
- Manage assigned project and associated team to provide a high level of customer service within budget
- Establish and maintain governance plan for assigned projects
- Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverable
- Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long-term basis. Strong partnership will be developed and maintained throughout the project
- Develop and lead the program/project management process for all client initiatives to include the process from gathering detailed requirements and scope definition to project close out
- Facilitate turnover of the completed project to the business units
- Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
- Build positive relationships with Internal Clients such as Aviation Services and/or Terminal & Guest Services, external customers including Government Agencies and Airlines, and key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
- Build, sustain and grow and manage internal project team members providing clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
- 8 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Must have a minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
- Knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.