Our client is a non-profit association whose members empower their Independent Sales Contractors to become leaders of their own businesses and control their economic destinies. In Canada alone, their industry is close to 1.2 million people strong, and growing. They foster a culture if values, that makes them a workplace of choice. Their people are entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, passionate, driven and accomplished. They have retained our services to hire a President to engage their members, and their continued growth as they move into the future.
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the President will work on behalf of their membership in an engaging manner, attracting new members while maintain current membership, working in collaboration with Boards Members and volunteers.
You act as a Brand Ambassador! You influence and drive membership, articulating concepts to enhance the knowledge of others through your effective communication skills. You have a confident outlook on decision-making and well experienced with association governances. You understand how to blend your style, relating to members on a personal level, as well as comfortable standing in front of a crowd of thousands, and in walking the halls of Queen’s Park and Parliament Hill.
• Provide leadership in the development of the Association’s statement of vision, mission, and goals, and the corresponding strategies, plans, and budgets to achieve them
• Ensure the development of priority plans, performance measurements, management controls, and critical success factors
• Review approval plans and budgets as part of the annual planning and budgeting cycle and present recommendations to the board of directors and/or the appropriate committee
• Develop and provide appropriate policy recommendations for consideration by the Board
• Ensure that an annual plan and budget are prepared for and presented to the Board of Directors
• Develop and maintain an effective staff organization which provides appropriate policy and program recommendations for consideration by the Board and its committees, and which delivers services, programs and information beneficial to the members
• Manage all association employees in accordance with policy and/or approved budgets
• Serve as ambassador for the Association to relevant organizations in Canada and internationally
Qualifications & Key Requirements:
• Post Secondary education
• 8 plus years of experience within association, non-profit or direct sales industry
• Corporate governance expertise required
• Solid background in sales growth and relationship management
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Previous roles as an ambassador to driving membership an asset
• A collaborative consensus builder, adept at building key relationships while developing/nurturing others
• Possesses a strong understanding of budgeting, planning, audit process and costing
• Vision and a strategic sensibility, able to develop and implement successful business plans with appropriate targets and deliverables
• Excellent communication with significant experience drafting proposals, making presentations and performance reports
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.