Our client, an established and successful growing Canadian company in the food manufacturing industry is looking to hire a Manufacturing Supervisor – Afternoon Shift. This firm has been in business for over 40 years with a legacy of excellence in innovation, quality and reliability, fostering a culture of values that make them a workplace of choice.
Directs and coordinates activities of production department in processing materials/processing products by performing the following duties;
- Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Completes daily production records and passes to Inventory Control Department
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Reviews production and operating reports with department team
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure cost efficiency and attempts to minimize operational delays
- Reviews machines and equipment with the maintenance department to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Studies productions schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments
- Reviews and adjusts staffing requirements to meet production schedules.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of machines operators, roasters, packers and material handlers
- Achieves department line efficiency targets
- Responsible for the implementation and continued support of Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures
- Follows HACCP procedures
- Promotes and complies with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces compliance
- Resolves employee concerns or submits unsettled issues to Management and Human Resources for action.
- Assesses work group functions and develops processes to improve on operational efficiencies.
- Trains and orientates new staff on all Health and Safety Practices and procedures
- Conducts regular re-fresher Safety training
- Conducts probationary and annual Performance Reviews; Disciplinary performance discussions
- College Diploma
- 5 years’ experience in multifaceted production environment dealing with high speed machinery and a multicultural work staff environment
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Excellent arithmetic skills required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to problem solve
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in JDE an asset
- Experience in RF forklift mounted systems an asset
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.