Our client, a high-end global manufacturer of wood products had engaged our services to source a performance-driven Marketing Manager who is highly accountable and focused on creating customer experiences, serving customer needs, and attracting and sustaining customer relationships that foster loyalty and contribute to customer satisfaction and sales. Your combined initiative, perseverance and a strategic marketing approach with strong communication and relationship building skills in order to continuously pursue growth and sustainability.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies geared towards creating demand, increasing sales, and expanding market share (market penetration) for the Company’s value added and commodity products.
- Develop, implement, and oversee marketing plans and strategies.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of business proposals / presentations to existing and perspective clients / groups (including architects, engineers, dealers, distributors, developers, builders, framers, industry conferences, and trade shows). Includes the allocation of resources to ensure appropriate coverage across the market sector.
- Liaising with the Director of Field Services & Product Management for technical support relating to product quality, specifications, applications, building code compliance, regulatory approval requirements, and any new product development initiatives.
- Liaising with the Director of Sales to ensure market development strategies are aligned with sales objectives in the pursuit of achieving goals contained in the Sales & Marketing Plan. Scope required when considering implications (both financial and distribution channel supply) of regional initiatives.
- Liaising with the Market Specialist and media company to continuously review current and proposed collateral and communication programs. Involves alignment of customer strategies and market opportunities with overall marketing objectives as set out in the Strategic Plan.
- Analyzing market intelligence including industry trends, customer insights, and competitor activities to identify and make recommendations on new market development initiatives.
- Providing weekly reports on department activities and monthly / quarterly management progress reports on the strategic marketing plan for individual business plan objectives and identifying project status for review by the Vice President, North American Marketing & Product Management.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Marketing or Business Administration Degree or advanced degree required (MBA).
- >7 years of experience in a related B2B marketing / business development capacity and successful demonstration of achievements.
- Experience with engineered wood, building products, home construction, industrial, commercial construction and related industries in a B2B relationship.
- Strong business acumen and knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, developments in information technology affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place.
- Drive for results.
- Strong decision quality & managerial courage.
- Proven skill sets regarding planning / coordinating large scale projects.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate results.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of Marketing and Strategic Planning principles and tools.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software applications: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook Skills.
- This position is office based and requires significant (>25%) travel on a regular basis.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.