Our client is an established and successful growing Canadian company in the food manufacturing industry. This firm has been in business for over 40 years with a legacy of excellence in innovation, quality and reliability, fostering a culture of values that make them a workplace of choice.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for achieving or exceeding revenue and profitability targets for assigned national accounts through exceptional customer service, strategic business planning, teamwork and relationship building.
- Execution of planned sales and profit targets to achieve strategic direction of the business on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customers, category strategies for Private Label and branded growth (innovation and merchandising).
- Manage and monitor account portfolio and develop strong relationships with key customers. Work directly with all key accounts to optimize program effectiveness and execution.
- Oversee annual business planning process to develop short and long-term sales plans for assigned customers to support long term sustainable growth in the marketplace.
- Work closely with Business Managers/Sales Analysts for monthly reviews and forecasts.
- Develop and implement sales KPI’s and other sales metrics; provide summaries to Director of Sales as required.
- Execute and track all agreed to listings, space, promotional and merchandising plans. Measure and report back results of these plans to customer and Director of Sales.
- Maintain a detailed competitive analysis of the Canadian marketplace, to ensure we are priced, marketed, promoted and serviced appropriately.
- Collaborate with other departments (demand planning, finance, customer service, production, western sales office and procurement). Manage broker relationships as necessary
- Analyze and control expenses to conform to budgetary requirements.
- University Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry at a national level. Ideal candidate would have a mix of branded and private label experience.
- Must have LCL/Metro/Sobeys/Walmart and Costco National account experience
- Canadian market understanding in Grocery, Drug, Mass, Warehouse
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), presentation skills.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, energetic and professional Account Manager to grow their career in positions of progressive responsibility. The opportunity to build a successful career is offered to candidates who are interested in a longer term relationship.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.