Our client is an established and successful growing Canadian company in the food manufacturing industry. Reporting directly to the V.P. of Operations, the Plant Manager will be instrumental in leading and guiding the production team to instill best practices, meet goals of production, quality, food safety, efficiencies, process compliance, maintenance and health and safety standards. This firm has been in business for over 40 years with a legacy of excellence in innovation, quality and reliability, fostering a culture of values that make them a workplace of choice.
You will provide overall leadership coaching and strategic direction for 3 shifts in a non-union manufacturing operation of approximately 250 employees. This will include the management of manufacturing operations, warehousing, and maintenance.
- Actively manage all day-to-day operations for the facility, and provide leadership that raises productivity and develops talent.
- Provide strategic direction for the plant (ie. capital expenditure, business planning, budget management, performance management/succession planning, culture, etc).
- Be a champion of six-sigma methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for all operations departments, maintenance, warehouse, and shipping.
- Oversee hiring, progressive discipline, termination, performance management, talent development in partnership with HR.
- Develop systems to evaluate, score, and implement manufacturing business system process improvements.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement by integrating tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) into processes.
- Develop equipment preventative maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines.
- Manages plant budget & forecasting and actively participates in developing the company’s projected growth short & long term.
- Experience contributing to annual business planning and budgeting.
- Review and support all departmental projects for improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Experience leading long-term resource planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Works closely with VP Operations to develop capital improvement projects and manages its successful implementation with projected ROI’s and within budget.
- Improve production standards through time studies and other standard data development methods.
- Able to lead the development and successful implementation of complex projects in a manufacturing environment.
- University degree/college diploma in engineering or manufacturing.
- Food industry experience.
- Strong inventory, supply chain and production management skills.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with vendors, customers, internal departments and cross functional teams.
- Training and knowledge of Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Must be able to operate with a sense of urgency.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.