Our client a manufacturing & solutions provider within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry with multiple facilities across Canada & USA has retained our services to source a Plant Supervisor. The organization is known for high retention and a desirable culture. They are committed to protecting the environment by creating operational excellence programs and limiting risk within their state-of-the-art facility.
You’re responsible for the employee’s evaluation pertaining to performance, time and attendance, safety and initiative including managing safety through observations, reports and meetings. Responsible for managing quality by doing quality checks on products, reporting quality issues through Non-Conformance Reports and ensuring that the quality checks have been reported in QMS. You will maximize productivity by managing the production processes and maintaining good Manufacturing Practices.
- Is responsible for the KPI’s in their department (Productivity, Quality, Service, etc)
- Knows and ensures that Company policies, rules & regulations and union contract are respected
- Ensures all employees are present. Prepares, coordinates, and assigns the employees to their scheduled work stations
- Arranges coverage for any absences by re-assignment of resources, or by requesting overtime
- Adjusts production equipment calendars
- Arranges additional resources through overtime for weekend work for all departments
- Daily approval of shifts, overtime and refusals, and correction of punches in Kronos for employees working in all departments.
- Issues reprimands for safety, quality, attendance, and other infractions, when deemed necessary
- Manages breaks and continuous run throughout the plant
- Ensures production line-up is followed
- Manages work in progress (“WIP full”)
- Collects and verifies that the end of the week shut down and beginning of the week startup check lists have been completed. Transfers information to the appropriate department’s Lead
- Report near misses, minor incidents (Spill Reports and other Incident Reports (fire, etc.), as required), injuries, and then reviews with the affected employee(s). Participates in investigation, as needed.
- Holds safety meetings with all plant personnel on a regular basis.
- Performs daily safety audits and identifies positive or negative observations and provides feedback to that employee
- Reviews job hazard & safety analysis when moving an employee to an area/job where he/she is new, not familiar with, or has not worked in the area for some time.
- Ensures that good housekeeping is maintained to GMP and HACCP standards and policies
- Inspects product quality and ensures that quality checks are done thoroughly and are recorded in QMS
- Issues product non-conformances for internal issues
- Issues supplier non-conformance as required
- Collects samples ,when requested
- Provides sufficient information to the Area Lead about any other issues requiring a Work Order that isn’t an emergency
- Reviews all maintenance requests by employees and submits the maintenance work orders through the CMMS
- College or University Degree considered an asset.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment a must.
- Experience specifically in a corrugated environment a definite asset and applicants with this experience will enjoy priority consideration.
- Solid experience with leading a group of employees with respect to, time and attendance, discipline, continuous improvement, training and development and coaching.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure instructions.
- Strong ability and previous history, in speaking effectively before groups of employees.
- Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well Kronos experience considered an asset.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.