Our client is a publicly traded company; a leader in the field of surface technology and a leading supplier of Edge banding has retained our services to source an experienced and professional Plastics Process Engineer to strategically lead the production team and initiatives to ensure production specifications and efficiencies are adhered to the highest standards.
Reporting to the Director of Operations your mandate will be to enable the production team to safely and efficiently fulfill company customer demands to the highest quality standards. You will also be responsible for continuous improvement projects and initiatives to drive operational excellence and effectiveness to improve performance and maximize value. The successful candidate will be a highly efficient Plastics Process Engineer who can engage the team to achieve expectations and use communication to transform plant culture toward one of continuous improvement and total customer focus.
- Evaluation of tooling design
- Equipment and tooling proposal, acquisition and deployment (Capex) – manufacturing project management
- Troubleshooting equipment and tooling malfunction and process variation
- Monitoring and ongoing improvement of process and equipment capability
- Prepare budgets and project plans
- Monitor equipment installation
- Source, assess and recommend equipment improvements
- Troubleshoot equipment downtime issues
- Contract with equipment vendors for equipment installation and ongoing maintenance
- Review plant performance reporting to identify improvement opportunities
- Liaise with other facilities and outside organizations to adopt best practices
- Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing P.Eng or CET would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience, with an expertise in plastic extrusion concepts and knowledge including tool design
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent project management and Microsoft application skills, particularly in Excel
- Experience with Auto-CAD and Solid Modelling
- Experienced with implementation of continuous improvement methodologies and best practices
- Financial management knowledge in order to assess project ROI
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.