Our client, recognized as a leader within the aviation industry who delivers innovative services and a world-class experience for their customers has retained our services to source a dynamic and take-charge Program Director, Infrastructure Redevelopment, with strong leadership capabilities, passionate and driven by service excellence. This is a newly created role due to growth and succession planning. They are looking for a dynamic and take-charge Program Director.
Our client fosters a culture of values that makes them a workplace of choice. Their employees are entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, passionate, driven & truly dedicated. They encourage all of their people to be involved in the community, using their expertise and enthusiasm to make a difference.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Infrastructure Redevelopment, the Program Director, will manage the delivery of the assigned projects within schedule and budget. Projects are multi-year, highly complex and typically range between $50 million – $400 million.
The Program Director, Infrastructure Redevelopment demonstrates leadership to direct, indirect and peer teams, including the design and construction teams. This role will deliver superior project performance including oversight and management of the design, development and construction of multiple complex redevelopment projects. This position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and would require an extremely articulate professional with exceptional critical thinking, communication & presentation skills.
- Deliver assigned projects on time and within established budgets
- Ensure compliance with established project management and safe work processes
- Project delivery: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closeout of assigned projects
- Maintain strong communication and direct accountability to client groups and broader stakeholders that will include the close coordination to minimize disruption to daily operations and maintain a high level of guest experience
- Initiate background studies, reports and design for long term major programs/projects
- Manage assigned project and associated team to provide a high level of customer service within budget and aligned to Strategic direction
- Establish and maintain governance plan for assigned projects
- Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverables
- Develop and implement the necessary design and construction procurement strategies to effectively deliver assigned projects
- Build and lead a team of internal professionals including outside contractors, engineers and specialists; coordinate all efforts of this group
- Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long-term basis. Strong partnership will be developed and maintained throughout the project
- Develop and lead the program/project management process for all client initiatives to include the process from gathering detailed requirements and scope definition to project close out
- Facilitate turnover of the completed project to the business units
- Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
- Build positive relationships with internal business units such as Aviation Services and/or Customer and Terminal Services, external users including Government Agencies and Airlines, and key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
- Build, sustain and grow and manage internal project team members providing clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business coupled with a strong Project Management background
- 12 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Successful experience leading multi-year projects and programs with individual projects exceeding $50 million in value and programs exceeding $250 million
- Experience in leading projects with similar complexity, ideally in transportation infrastructure, institutional or commercial buildings
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with a variety of constituent groups and manage a team of internal and external resources
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of people management experience
- Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC
- Advanced project management skills with experience managing large scale design and construction projects
- Proven excellence in fiscal management, project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc)
- Strong knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- Proficient in the MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
To connect with us and discuss this opportunity email us at email@example.com
To expedite your email, please be sure to include the following in your subject line:Program Director, Infrastructure Redevelopment (Construction & Restoration) (#)
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.