Our Client a global leader in end-to-end automotive & asset finance software with clients within the retail, fleet and wholesale industries has retained our services to source a highly qualified IT Project Manager. Our client fosters a vibrant environment promoting employee engagement and innovation. Their employees are passionate about their work and are committed to teamwork, integrity and service excellence.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office this position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Key accountabilities fall under; Client Interface, Manage software development process & Project Delivery within scope, time & budget.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making, communication skills, influencing and leading, delegation, team-work, negotiation, conflict management, adaptability and stress tolerance
- Client Management: as the primary relationship owner and face of the company for clients, develop collaborative relationships to achieve positive project outcomes. Ensure that the client is kept accountable for their actions and deliverables
- Planning: Work closely with the development team, business analysts, technical architects & SMEs to develop detailed realistic project schedules
- Execution and Monitoring: As project activities occur, monitor progress within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources, proactively identify risks and issues, escalate as appropriate to senior management with recommendations and ensure quality of deliverables
- Delivery: Coordinate builds and deployments across all environments including production
- Production Support: Act as a point of escalation for high priority issues
- Resourcing: Provide accurate project resource requirements and projections, encourage collaborative, supportive work environment, participate in hiring process
- Project Budget: Provide project budget forecasts and track against the agreed budget. Prepare monthly client invoices and manage timesheets tracking for project resources
- Status Reports & Communications: Collect, maintain and distribute project status reports to stakeholders. Provide routine briefing to project team, customers and senior managers to keep them informed.
- Adhere to the client’s project management methodologies while balancing internal PMO requirements. Make recommendation to improve processes and policies.
- Degree in Business/Computer Science + PMP designation
- Minimum 7 + year’s Project Management experience within asset finance or motor finance industry. (Project management expertise that include building and managing a project plan that successfully monitors and guides large-scale implementation projects; facilitate meetings to gain consensus/resolution; use good judgment & understanding of escalation procedures, escalation etiquette, and when to ask for help from internal leadership; lead and conduct project reviews and lessons learned
- Experience managing software deliveries to large external clients i.e. delivering as a vendor to an external customer
- Understands and applies SDLC methodology in project plans, contracts and status reporting. Also understands how to adapt and flex the methodology for different types of projects and client needs.
- Exceptional communication, presentation & consulting skills with the ability to simplify complex concepts
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and facilitate in a cross functional environment
- Strong Leadership with People Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of today’s digital technologies and continuously learning/adapting to new technologies. Proficient in use of Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery.
Please note that this role involves at least 10% travel to the US. Successful applicants must be eligible to legally work in Canada and must be able to travel to the USA without a visa.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.