The Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC), has retained our services to source a Registrar & Director of Examinations.
Reporting to the VP, Programs, the Registrar & Director of Examinations will provide leadership in the areas of high stakes examination development, exam administration, marking of exams, and dissemination of grades and at all times upholding the highest academic standards.
- Provide leadership to the exams team
- Creation of examinations for designations and other academic programs
- Arrangement of exam centres and proctors
- Monitor pass rates & determination of graduates
- Application of policies regarding rewrites, deferrals and related processes
- Maintain academic standards maintenance, ensuring examinations quality, marking quality & grades accuracy
- Implement fair, equitable and consistent enforcement of examinations policies, rules and regulations
- Administer disciplinary procedures for academic dishonesty
- Preserve student records, inquiries and transcripts
- Identify candidates eligible to graduate from various programs
- Prepare election of candidates for designations
- Identify candidates for awards and prizes and administer notifications
- Address student, local Institute, external and internal inquiries and issues promptly and professionally
- Ensure that the exams team maintains a customer-focused mentality
- Act as one of the staff supports to Academic Council
- Monitor exam registrations and prepare reports, including projections, for the budget process
- Prepare and monitor expense budgets
- Analyze student information for purposes of planning and ensuring student success
- Prepare annual statistics report
You will be joining the organization at a time of change and you will be responsible for ensuring that the examinations model employs best practices; reviewing internal processes, examination policies and improving operational efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
You are an agile and engaging leader who is a highly effective communicator, capable of articulating concepts to enhance the knowledge and accountability of others.
A Master’s Degree in Adult education or related discipline coupled with 10+ years in a similar capacity or Director of Education.
You come with exceptional communication skills (English/French desired), influencing skills and strong experience in leading examination development and delivery in a senior managerial capacity, as well as demonstrable experience of strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into actionable plans.
Proven track experience of leading and motivating Examination Professionals and the ability to build high performing teams. You must have a sound knowledge and experience working with “high stakes” exams and continuously strive for excellence.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.