Since its inception our client has earned recognition and numerous accolades as one of Canada’s fastest growing entrepreneurial companies and top employers.
Known for delivering the quickest turnaround times in the industry, along with exceptional service and superlative value to their partners, our client quickly became the most highly respected leader in their industry.
In order to effectively support the continuous business and people growth in Canada and especially their LATAM markets, a stand-out Senior Finance Leader is required to compliment the finance team. This role will be positioned in West GTA.
The Sr. Director will provide financial leadership and partner with the various business leaders to oversee and monitor activities of a $500 million business unit. This role will coordinate the daily financial operations and controllership functions; ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
This role is an integral part of the management team and will promote a positive image of the company to patrons while providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Senior Director Finance will report to the Global CFO
Duties & Responsibilities:
Controllership & Compliance
- Manage monthly and quarterly reporting cycles/close procedures in order to maintain appropriate accounting records and preserve the financial integrity of the financial statements
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Review and approve intercompany and external payments
- Conduct financial review of all contractual obligations
- Review account reconciliations and ensure that reconciling items are appropriately addressed
- Implement and maintain compliance with appropriate accounting and internal control framework(s)
- Perform analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts to assist with variance analysis
- Management and compliance of tax related matters (VAT, commodity, sales, etc.)
- Adherence, validation and certification of financial statements for local and international issues, including financial statement preparation under IFRS/ASPE
Reporting & Treasury
- Provide all level of management with useful and accurate financial information on a timely basis
- Create reports and analyze results for monthly reports to management
- Prepare and analyze external reports (Bank/Legal/Tax/Audit)
- Responsible for all local legislative reporting, payment and audit requirements
- Contribute to foreign currency risk management policies & procedures
- Participate in financial planning/forecasting process
- Other duties as required/assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- University Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting & CA/CMA/CGA designation required
- 8 -10 years post-qualification management experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make effective decisions and recommendations with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-Driven, results-oriented leader with experience building and mentoring teams of various sizes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills which inspires excellent working relationships internally and externally
- Proven ability to respond under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and ethics
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) – written and oral
- South/Central American experience is essential
- Advanced computer skills required with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Great Plains
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.