Our client a leader within the aviation industry who delivers innovative services and a world-class experience for their customers has retained our services to source a Manager Project Management Office. Our client fosters a vibrant environment promoting employee engagement, innovation and provides a highly competitive total rewards package. Their employees are passionate about their work and are committed to teamwork, integrity and service excellence.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Project Management Office this position is responsible for overseeing the development of capital construction project management practices, performance management, governance standards, process, policies, documentation and reporting standards. Key accountabilities fall under four broad categories: Planning, Reporting and Measurement, Continuous Improvement, and Training and Development.
- Ensure visibility of the pipeline of new projects in support of development of capital plans and to support efficient project delivery
- Develop, update and maintain reports and tools to support assessment of goals and objectives, performance measures and metrics.
- Establish standardized methodology for compiled and reported information to management by using dashboards, metrics, and technology platforms
- Build, sustain and grow an effective and progressive team of PMO analysts providing them with clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
- Track the status of all capital projects (budget, scope and schedule)
- Ensure consistent project delivery processes and methodology between projects managed by internal resources and those delivered by third party service providers
- Develop, update and revise policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure efficiency in planning, design and construction
- Establish design and construction project management standards, monitors effectiveness and perform regular assessments of projects to ensure compliance
- Develop, update and maintain process flows, playbooks, quick reference guides and templates to support project delivery
- Develop, communicate and drive implementation of process changes initiatives and improvements
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
- 3 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Experience in design and construction project management process assessment, review and performance reporting preferred
- Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
- Knowledge of design and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Problem solving skills to identify, analyze and resolve issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, foster and maintain relationships with clients, co-workers and others
- Proficient in the MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.