Our client, a national leader within the logistics/supply chain industry and who is dedicated to being the best in their field; has retained PSG to source a Senior Total Rewards Manager. Supporting a very dynamic, committed & knowledgeable leader, this role requires a seasoned Total Rewards Manager whose creativity, strategic thought process and knowledge has helped to build & shape total rewards across multiple business units for diverse organizations.
- Develop and manage the Total Rewards strategy across all business units and locations, employee functions and employment disposition within the various provincial legislative requirements.
- Management of all Health & Welfare benefits nationally, including Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurances
- Manages employee’s compensation, benefit & pension plan to attract, retain, and motivate employees
- Develops and implements salary structure and administrative guidelines in accordance with compensation policy
- Conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy
- Analyzes company benefit and compensation policies in relation to government regulations, prevailing rates and benefits for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommends as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates and benefits
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement, and other related plans
- Negotiates contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration
- Minimum 7-10 years compensation, benefits, or pension experience required in a supervisory role acquired in a national corporation with multiple locations and unionized/non-unionized employees.
- Post-secondary Degree in Business and/or HR certification CHRP, PHR, CBP, CEBS designation an asset
- Strategic Orientation – a thought leader with highly developed judgement and advisory skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills, defining scope and deliverables.
- Leadership – Ability to build consensus amongst a diverse stakeholder group, identify risks and risk management strategies.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills to promote benefit and pension plans
- Management of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Group Home & Auto Program to all employees
- Assist with completion of Federal Employment Equity annual report filing requirements
- Established network of compensation resources for the purpose of sourcing information and services
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- HR systems, preferably SAP Human Capital Management
- Flexibility in a fast paced, deadline driven service environment
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.