Our client a high-end global manufacturer of wood products located in downtown Toronto has retained our services to source a Senior Marketing Analyst. Their success comes from the pursuit of excellence in all areas of their business through teamwork, innovation and creativity. They are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce.
The Senior Marketing Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing sales, market and performance data for products and marketplace. Synthesizing data with that of the industry, to uncover actionable insights allowing the company to achieve its organizational objectives. Will conduct ongoing analysis and reporting of product performance and customer segment value, explain performance drivers and trends, identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for change. This role will also develop, own, and maintain statistical reports, analyses and presentations for internal stakeholders. Plays a key role designing and executing ongoing product performance and customer-centric analytical projects.
- Compile and analyze statistical data in targeted markets
- Identifies new market opportunities
- Leverages several sources of data to analyze general as well as specific trends, year-over-year sales, key regional and product differences including relevant competitive information
- Prepares presentations to show key findings and insights in a logical well-thought out manner
- Understand product requirements today and in future for wood based products
- Perform extensive market research in wood related markets to aid in the development of product strategies to meet our long term objectives
- Drives efficiencies in regular reporting to allow more time spent on in-depth analysis
- Competitor analysis in relevant markets
- Prepares detailed analysis on market potential of products and commercial viability
- Understands and communicates on trending demographics, distribution channels and marketing outlets
- Coordinate with sales to lay out sales strategies
- Able to communicate with customers on understanding their needs in the future
- Able to comprehend basic technical aspects of our strand based technology and how that can meet the changing needs of the market
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in conducting analysis and reporting/metrics in a business environment.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated, organized, efficient, and detail oriented
- Passion for complex data analysis and reporting
- Interest in process improvement and innovation
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate results and provide recommendations
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and efficiently present written assessments and communicate results and findings
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; self-starter
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Strong understanding of business applications of CRM, segmentation, life cycle analysis and data modeling
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.