Our client is an integrated, Canadian leader and innovator in their industry; whose diversified services support a myriad of clients in virtually every business sector across the country. Enjoying continuous growth, this newly created role will carry high visibility in the organization.
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this dynamic role will be responsible for building the talent acquisition strategy nationally, including campus recruitment. A team player equipped with a strong sense of ownership for your work, you are a trusted advisor to hiring managers at all levels of the organization, leveraging and outstanding corporate culture and values to source and attract top technical, industrial and corporate/operations talent.
- Support the development and implementation of a full-cycle, national recruitment & selection model for executive, professional and skilled trades functions
- Lead the implementation of an ATS based on the model outlined above including training and support for hiring managers
- Work with hiring managers to develop accurate and effective pre-screening tools
- Partner with hiring managers to fully understand their recruitment needs and provide guidance on an effective and efficient recruitment approach for complex or critical roles
- Interview and/or pre-screening candidates prior to hiring manager review for professional and executive level positions
- Support the development of a campus recruitment strategy leveraging subject matter experts within the business to build relationships with post-secondary institutions
- Through the use of social media, campus recruitment, job fairs, etc., support the development of employer brand across the country
- Update and/or create new job descriptions for positions as needed
- Conduct interview training sessions for Hiring Managers
- Maintain reporting dashboard designed to monitor recruitment efficiencies
- A minimum of 8 years of full-cycle Corporate recruitment expertise in a fast-paced high level talent acquisition role
- Proven experience supporting executive level hiring managers including managing expectations
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an HR Generalist or Senior Coordinator role would be considered an asset
- A commitment to delivering high value recruitment service to hiring managers
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, specifically implementation
- Experience in facility maintenance, skilled trade or construction industries would be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated negotiation skills when dealing with stakeholders including candidates and internal clients
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced, high-volume, demanding, team environment
- Demonstrated comfort working with hiring managers at all levels of the organization
- Must be willing to travel within Canada, as required
- Equipped with excellent communication skills along with a high level of confidence gained through previous successes
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.