Our client, a well-respected Canadian CPG company is positioned for immense growth; and has engaged PSG to source a Senior Planning & Supply Chain Manager. The mandate is to lead and manage all activities related to logistics, distribution & supply chain operations. You enjoy accountability for accelerating business growth through building strong partnerships and ensuring a high level of customer fulfillment. Recognized as an inspiring & trusted Leader, you have a passion for creating high performance cultures through effective change management, talent management and transformational continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a clear vision and strategy for supply chain process governance, data management, metrics, and IT.
- The scope of processes will span: demand planning, inventory planning, capacity planning, master production scheduling, materials management, order management, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Partner and collaborate effectively across all areas and levels of Supply Chain to implement a center-led approach of governance and help achieve sustainable customer experience, cost, and inventory productivity outcomes.
- Develop KPIs and align measurement and methods to monitor planning and effectiveness.
- Create and execute effective change management plans.
- Develop relationships via industry associations and lead external benchmarking of best practices and emerging technologies.
- Drive a culture and process to facilitate and implement continuous improvement in the Supply Chain organization.
- Staff and build the right capabilities for the organization. Develop goals and objectives for the Supply Chain Process Advancement Team that support the business needs.
- Provide ongoing development, coaching and performance management to the team and ensure a high level of performance. Create the conditions that enable team members to succeed, learn, and enjoy their work.
- College Diploma/University Degree preferably in the field of Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant supply chain experience preferably in CPG industry. In roles of increasing responsibility, including 5 plus years of process/continuous improvement experience.
- Proven track record of successfully (re)designing supply chain processes, enabling them with IT solutions, developing effective change management plans, gaining organizational buy-in, and delivering intended results.
- JD Edwards is an asset.
- Experience with many of the following processes is required: demand planning, inventory planning, capacity planning, production scheduling, materials management, order management, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Skillful in building valued partnerships with stakeholders, communicating effectively to a wide variety of audiences, influencing across the organization including senior leaders, leading change.
- Able to develop, manage, and lead a team.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.