Our client a solutions provider within the consumer packaged goods industry has engaged PSG to source an Senior Human Resources Manager to lead and drive the HR function offering senior level human resources support to the management team. The organization is known for high retention, desirable culture, fostering teamwork and support they recognize the value and contribution of each individual within our organization. They are committed to protecting the environment by creating operational excellence programs and limiting risk within their state-of-the-art facility. Double digit growth and vast future makes this role highly appealing.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be key player of their management team by supporting HR processes and programs, as well as acting as a senior level advisor on HR and H&S issues for other managers and employees. The incumbent will also drive and lead all HR related changes in alignment with HR strategy and corporate practices as well as support management team for all related H&S changes.
- Strategically plan for the organization’s human capital needs, (including recruitment, promotion, transfer, termination, training, etc.) in concert with other managers.
- Policy and procedure development; human resource planning; labour relations; training and development; recruitment and selection.
- H&S advice include all preventive activities. Also, receive worker concerns, complaints, and represent the Company WSIB claims.
- Inform employees about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion.
- Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs.
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, and compensation and benefit programs.
- Ensures that Provincial and Federal Government rules and regulations on matters of employment are implemented and maintained.
- Acts as management representative in contact with union officials on all matters pertaining to labor agreement application and management rights.
- Interprets union-management agreements and represents management in the negotiation and settlement of grievances.
- Remain current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Support other managers on all human resources cost control initiatives.
- Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems, including Flexnet benefits, JDE’s Human Resources System, Kronos, Intelex, SABA training files, ADT, Keytroller and ETWeb files.
- Support management team for all H&S preventives activities and programs.
- Ensures the compliance meets all legislative requirements; liaise with WSIB and insurance providers; managing appeals where appropriate.
- Diligently encourage and promote positive and effective employee relations through communications initiatives, coaching supervisors, providing counseling to employees and monitoring employee satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline
- 7 to 10 years of relevant HR experience is desirable
- Solid experience in labor relations, with a track record of relevant accomplishments and success
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish business partnerships and harmonious relations with the various stakeholders
- Strong ability to act as a catalyst for change and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Good organizational & analytical skills
- Consultative approach with influencing leaders
- Energetic, dynamic and autonomous
- Skilled in negotiation and conflict resolution; resilience and ability to take risks.
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of JD Edwards, an asset
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.