Our prestigious client who is a national leader within the logistics/supply chain industry has an exciting opportunity for an energetic and experienced Total Rewards professional who seeks challenges and professional growth. The key business impact of this role manages the design, development, communication, implementation and administration of the company’s total rewards programs, policies, and procedures in the areas of base pay, incentive pay, pension and retirement plans, flexible & traditional benefits plans, as well as wellness initiatives to support the fast growth of a business who is dedicated to being the best in their field.
- Contribute to the development and lead the execution of company Total Rewards Strategy to align with overall HR strategy and meet business requirements.
- Lead the compensation framework project, including standardizing job descriptions, executing the job evaluation process, conducting compensation competitiveness analysis, developing salary structure and wage grid recommendations.
- Lead the annual compensation year end, encompassing including merit increase, short term and long term incentives, hourly bonus. Working with multiple parties, manage the end to end process including data analysis, project management, optimize tools, guidelines, communication, reporting, and BOD approval.
- Deliver strong analytical and research support on internal and external compensation practices in collaboration with HR business partners in order to make recommendations and influence business decisions.
- Prepare advanced and comprehensive analytics, delivering factual information to business leaders to convey factual and conceptual information aimed at achieving business objectives.
- Manage total rewards to ensure consistency in policies, practices solutions and services.
- Manage day-to-day compensation activities, including survey participation, job evaluation, compensation analysis, and providing sound consultation and advices to HRBP’s on any compensation related matters.
- Oversee the group benefits plan administration to ensure timely efficient program operation, supplier liaison, ongoing employee communication, and issue resolution.
- Manage the annual re-enrolment process for the flexible employee benefits program by working closely with internal and external parties to smooth execution and optimal results.
- Work closely with third party providers to effectively manage company DB, DC, Group RRSP and savings plans to endure streamlined process, adequate communication & education, excellent member services, and legislative compliance.
- Identify opportunities to improve Compensation processes, including preparing and analyzing regular management and audit reports and ensuring integrity of the HRIS and other systems.
- Lead process and system improvement initiatives to better facilitate data accuracy, operation efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Educate Human Resources, Management and employees about total rewards philosophy and programs.
- Manage direct report(s) in all areas of work assignment, performance management, to ensure optimal team performance through ongoing motivation, coaching and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 7-10 years of total rewards experience; 5+ years in a management position
- Professional designation in CCP, CHRP or CEBS is strongly preferred
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills; Technically strong, including mathematical competency and modelling skills
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Innovative, continuous improvement mindset with track records of streamlining process, improving efficiency and managing cost
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and working knowledge of SAP.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, and capable of managing multiple priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive personnel information
- Strategic orientation – highly developed judgment and advisory skills; able to act as a thought partner and understand when solutions should be systems-driven or by external process change
- Analytical and problem solving skills – ability to structure and conduct interviews to gather requirements; analyze the requirements and define scope and deliverables;
- Leadership skills – ability to work with diverse constituency and build consensus; able to identify risks and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- People Management skills – Coach, develop, and motivate employees on the HRIS systems team. Apply appropriate leadership styles based on project, skills and experience of team members.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills – can develop trusted relationships with many constituents, build credibility quickly, and partner effectively with others
- Self-starter – high energy; a strong work ethic; displays the ability to work independently but seek guidance when needed; creative and entrepreneurial
- Results driven - commit fully to the job and is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work; focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence
- Resiliency – energetic, maintain positive can do attitude when facing challenges; flexible and nimble, quick to adept to complex environment, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Change Management – communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work – balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
To apply to this position, please submit your resume to:
Lorrie Clark by July 6, 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.