Our client has retained our services to source a Transportation Operations Supervisor to provide leadership and the efficient operation of the delivery truck fleet and driver team.
- Supervise the operation of the LTL truck fleet and drivers
- Provide leadership, team building and employee training and licenses
- Develop internal alliances and relationships with stakeholders to ensure client requirements are met
- Design efficient routes for delivery schedules covering Ontario region
- Develop efficient load plans to align with route plans
- Ensure conformance to corporate policies , government regulatory guidelines and health, safety and environmental procedures
- 5 years of experience in transportation/trucking operations or logistics or similar environment
- 5 years of supervisory experience dealing with staff and drivers – a lead by example approach
- Knowledge of trucking and operational procedures and pertinent legislation
- LTL and scheduling experience – load planning and route design
- Solid understanding of Ontario geography
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills, time management, organization and planning abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office and general GPS/Safety and transportation software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Strong communication skills
This is a fast paced, customer focused company in the Mississauga area. The company offers a great professional working environment with a friendly and collaborative staff. Opportunities for long term career development are strong.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.