Our client is an established and progressive company. They have excellent brand recognition and have an extensive product line that includes both nutritional products as well as an OTC offering. They foster a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. Reporting to the CEO and part of the Executive Leadership Team, you will bring a high degree of leadership, responsibility, creativity, vision, accountability, technical aptitude and diplomacy to this role. The Vice President North American Sales must be a strong and strategic leader experienced primarily in the US Retail, Ecommerce and Dollar channels.
- Design, develop and implement the North American Strategic Sales Plan
- Lead the team of Sales Directors to establish key performance indicators that support corporate objectives and drive growth across several channels.
- Develop, coach and mentor Sales Directors and implement Succession Planning Program.
- Report to Executive Team on Sales achievements and strategies to overcome issues.
- Implement team KPI targets and measures to ensure individual and company success.
- Strictly manage Sales operational budgets
- Act as a change agent to aggressively challenge outdates principles and paradigms to drive cost reductions and enhanced performance
- Develop a conducive environment to support employee success.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in related field, MBA preferred
- Strong North American sales experience within a national brand Food or Consumer Packaged Goods environment, with at least 10 years in a team leadership role
- Ability to interact with and influence external and internal customers at all levels
- Competent in writing reports and presenting information to the stakeholders of the company
- Strong relationships with major US retailers such as Walmart, Costco, CVS, Walgreens etc.
- Focused and results driven, a track record of success achieving aggressive targets is essential
- Enthusiasm, great communication, leadership and presentation skills are required as is the ability to handle multiple projects under time pressure
- Professional and polished, the candidate must have a confident manner, the ability to focus on the big picture while also being an active, engaged leader of our Sales team
- High standards of ethical conduct
- Strong analytical, decision making and evaluation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to prepare and present information, motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to motivate all levels of the organization
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Strong team formation and leadership skills
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs and business processes
- Managerial skills including coaching team members, providing advice and guidance to staff members in the resolution of problems, evaluating performance and providing feedback to team members, identifying and communicating opportunities for improvements, administering and operational planning including budget and resource allocation
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.