Our client is on a journey to become a well-recognized specialty pharmaceutical company and therefore is well positioned to establish a comprehensive global operation. They are looking to appoint an experienced and self-driven financial leader to manage the finance function and mentor the existing team. In addition, you will be responsible to maintain a lean, nimble and performance-orientated operating model with strong financial discipline.
This candidate must bring experience in both strategic and tactical financial leadership acquired within the pharmaceutical industry (no other industry will be considered), complemented by an understanding of the complexity of the dynamics of working within a multi-national organization with emphasis on the Canadian organization.
Reporting to the Canadian General Manager and armed with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will be responsible for management of the P&L in Canada and all accounting matters, including the closing and consolidation, financial reporting, technical accounting and accounting policy and tax for the Canadian organization. This responsibility includes the ongoing development of reporting and control policies and processes, review of key transactions and contracts, and development of accounting and finance staff.
- Oversee global accounting close & consolidations strategy and directing preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Build appropriate systems & processes to facilitate timely and accurate closing of monthly financial statements.
- Manage finance review of acquisition, licensing, revenue and other contracts to ensure appropriate financial and business terms.
- Review and implementation of standards to ensure preparation and compliance with US GAAP.
- Collaborate in the SEC reporting process, including preparation of SEC documents.
- Support quarter & year-end reporting related to earnings release, including generation of key reports and financial aspects of release
- Development of accounting policy for key areas in Canada.
- Work with U.S. financial management to maintain and execute on a set of accounting policies and controls.
- Collaborate with internal audit function for financial reviews for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines on a global basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Canadian tax laws and regulations.
- Tax planning and preparation of all required tax returns and tax administration.
- Serve as a key contact for auditors in facilitating completion of the Company’s quarterly reviews, annual audits and other SEC filings.
- Assist U.S. finance team with special projects.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or private industry
- University degree in Accounting and Finance Designation CMA or CA required.
- Demonstrable financial management experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech market with proven success of advancing levels of responsibility.
- Ability and desire to interact with multidisciplinary teams.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Adept conceptual and independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion and fortitude to lead initiatives and to advocate programs.
- Results oriented and well versed in developing and executing business plans.
- Capability of working autonomously or as part of a team with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach and in a collaborative manner; not an empire builder.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong formal presentation skills.
Permanent Search Group (PSG) is the one leadership and management recruitment firm in Canada that provides growing businesses with the proactive means to evolve their culture through organizational analysis, strategic recruitment and post-hiring services that ensure success.